Monday, July 28, 2008

Does the lesson outweigh all else?

Now that Jonah watches the occasional television show on Disney or PBS, I'm especially sensitive to what he's being exposed to. I don't care if it is Tigger and Pooh, I get concerned about Rabbit's short temper and his knack for becoming easily frustrated. These are things I fear will seep into Jonah's subconscious. On one recent television show, a child was learning a lesson about the positive outcomes of sharing. Before he arrived at that knowledge however, he spent time bullying children and behaving inappropriately. I'm glad that Jonah could see how much improved the situation was all around when the little boy decided to let his friends play with his toys, but I wonder if he soaked up any of the meanness beforehand. Which behavior will he emulate when the opportunity arises?

No comments: