Sunday, August 17, 2008

San Diego Zoo

The Zoo called to us today, so we answered. The last time we visited our animal friends, I was 7 months pregnant with Brady. Back then Jonah adored animals, and he's still crazy about them now. His all time favorite animal, the giraffe, was one of our stops-and Jonah couldn't stop grinning. During our 14 month hiatus, his appreciation and love for animals has deepened and he has added many new names to his vocabulary bank-he can also imitate their sounds. Not a day goes by when we don't play audience to Jonah's lion roars, or owl hoots. Jeff and I were pleased and proud that he recognized so many different species. In fact, I believe I had more fun today than any other time I have been to the zoo. Brady had a blast too. My guess is that his favorite part was the elephants, as evidenced by his awestruck look, complete with wide eyes, open mouth, and hanging tongue. It was a great pleasure to be there with our boys!

No comments: