Monday, August 18, 2008

Tide-to-Go Anyone?

Do any of you out there have a Tide to Go pen tucked neatly away in your purse? Recently I purchased one, and up until today it had been sitting silently, patiently in my side purse pocket waiting to be called upon to protect and serve my clothing from nasty, threatening stains. While I'm not a huge Kelly Ripa fan (the celebrity endorser of the product), I'm a sucker for a quick clean up solution to a mess on the go (especially with a baby and toddler in tow). Today, I was out of town with my mother and children enjoying a delicious lunch of tacos, beans, and rice at one of our favorite little Mexican restaurants in San Diego. Perhaps I was a little too eager about consuming my lunch-it was after all my first meal of the day and I was feeling rather ravenous, when suddenly a pinto bean flew off of my fork and landed neatly upon my bosom. I delicately picked the bean off of my shirt and discovered that it had left a small wet stain to remember it by. Annoyed because most of the day was still ahead of me, I realized I had to do something, lest I walk around looking like a bit of a mess. I pulled my little cleaning tool out of my purse and was startled to realize that I was extremely self-conscious about marking myself in public with a loud orange colored pen. The technique to clean the stain took some real muscle, and I sat there, chin lowered, struggling to be effective. Surely I was bringing attention to myself by using the darn thing. All in all, it was not an experience I want to repeat. I think that in the future, I'll rely on the 'ol sideways glance to see if anyone's looking, and discreet dab at the shirt with a moistened napkin.

No comments: