Thursday, October 30, 2008

Country Burro, City Burro

Usually, the most interesting thing I see when I drive down the street in our neighborhood, is some high school kid on his way to school in the latest crazy getup, which can only be the result of some adolescent rebellion ( I know-that comment makes me sound so old, I might as well be wearing false teeth and muttering "young whippersnappers!"). This is what I saw this morning as I left to run errands: two burros making breakfast out of a nearby lawn. Lucky thing I always keep my camera in my purse:) I knew that wild burros were up in the hills near our home because we often hear them at night, but I've never seen them around here before. Later that evening, I ran out again because I forgot milk at the store, and when I returned I noticed them settling in for the night on the front lawn of another house-there goes the neighborhood!

No comments: